Residential Care Worker
Salary: Salary £25,771 - £27,019 (including sleep allowance) dependent on experience and qualifications | Location: Nottinghamshire
Due to our continued growth at Footsteps to Futures Ltd we have an exciting opportunity for Residential Care Workers to join the team in our group of children’s homes across the Nottinghamshire Area.
Footsteps to Futures Ltd are a small organisation that have been delivering a high standard of residential care for six years and currently operates three children's homes in the Nottinghamshire and Leicestershire area all of which are rated as “Good” or “Outstanding” by Ofsted.
The company is aiming to grow further and build a team of passionate, dedicated and enthusiastic people to join us in our expansion. The aim of our service is to provide a safe and empowering place for all young people to live in. The team’s role is to improve the quality of life of children and help them come to terms with previous life experiences.
Our homes specialise in working with young people who display Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (EBD).
Successful candidates will have
- Experience of working with children and young people with challenging behaviour.
- Knowledge on how to support children and young people who experience EBD.
- A compassionate understanding of the complex needs of young people.
- Knowledge of the importance of safeguarding vulnerable young people.
- Strong communication skills.
- An ability to work within a team to help support and motivate each other to provide outstanding care.
- The passion and dedication needed to positively impact the lives of young people.
- Level 3 Diploma in Children's Residential Care or a willingness to work towards this qualification.
Applicants should be aware that the role requires long shifts and overnight sleeps in the home and therefore should carefully consider the suitability of the role. Successful applicants will be offered the role subject to suitable references and an enhanced DBS check. A full UK driving license will be essential for this role due to the location of the home.
We invest in all of our employees by providing a full programme of mandatory and specialist training for the role which starts with a full Induction and includes an introduction to the company’s ethos and values, outlines individual roles and responsibilities and Proactive Approaches training. We provide opportunities for ongoing professional development and career progression.
- Level 3 Diploma in Children's Residential Care or a willingness to work towards this qualification
- Candidates must be aged 21 or over
- We are willing to consider entry-level applicants for this role
- 1 year’s experience working with children in care is desirable.
- A working knowledge of safeguarding children.
Other benefits include
- Enrolment into the NEST Pension scheme
- 28 day’s annual leave inclusive of bank holidays
- Regular supervisions, reviews of career and training needs/aspirations
- Refer a friend scheme – recommend a friend to come and work with us and you’ll earn a £400 bonus!
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Blue light card paid for by the company
- Staff bonus based on home Ofsted rating (£100 for Good, £200 for Outstanding)
- Enrolment on to the Level 3 Diploma in Children’s Residential Care
- Prospect of a pay rise upon completion of probation
- Access to psychological support and wellbeing programmes
*Please be aware the Children's Residential Social Care is considered an essential front line service and therefore will continuously operate throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Applicants are urged to consider whether they have the resilience, determination and resource to continue to provide care to children during these challenging times.