Bank Children's Residential Care Worker
Salary: £9ph - £12ph (dependent on experience and qualifications) Additional sleep-in allowance: £62.40 per night | Location: Nottingham
We are currently looking to recruit, Bank Care Workers to join our expanding team in our Residential Children’s Homes located in the Nottinghamshire area. We have a passion for excellence and pride ourselves on delivering a high standard of care.
Footsteps to Futures Ltd are a small organisation that have been delivering residential care for five years. The company is now growing and are aiming to build a team of passionate, dedicated and enthusiastic people to join us in our expansion. We are currently recruiting for bank staff to work over all three of our homes.
Hilltop House, situated in Selston, Nottinghamshire, has been operating for 5 years and accommodates up to three young people and is rated Good by Ofsted.
Holly Lodge is situated in the Mansfield area of Nottinghamshire and is a solo provision for young people aged 11 – 18 years.
Our brand new home Overfields is situated in Redmile, the Vale of Belvoir and will accommodate up to three young people aged 7 – 13 years.
We are seeking experienced, confident and positive Care Workers to assist the management team in delivering therapeutic care to vulnerable young people. Experience in this field is advantageous, however if you are looking for a change or are someone who is patient and caring with a strong level of emotional intelligence and enjoys learning new skills and experiences we would like to offer you the opportunity to join our team of dedicated and enthusiastic staff.
Our home specialises in working with young people who display Emotional and Behavioural Difficulties (EBD).
The aim of our service is to provide a safe and empowering place for all young people to live in. The team’s role is to improve the quality of life of young people and help them prepare for early adulthood. We empower the young people to make positive choices about their lives and support them to work towards independence.
About the role
Successful candidates will have:
- Experience of working with children and young people with challenging behaviour.
- Knowledge on how to support children and young people who experience EBD.
- A compassionate understanding of the complex needs of young people.
- Knowledge of the importance of safeguarding vulnerable young people.
- Dynamic and supportive with strong communication skills.
- An ability to work within a team to help support and motivate each other to provide outstanding care.
- The passion and dedication needed to positively impact the lives of young people.
Applicants should be aware that the role requires long shifts and overnight sleeps in the home and therefore should carefully consider the suitability of the role. Successful applicants will be offered the role subject to suitable references and an enhanced DBS check.
We invest in all of our employees and we will provide a full programme of mandatory training for the role as part of an induction and then further bespoke training.
- A year’s experience working with children in care is desirable.
- A working knowledge of safeguarding children.
- Level 3 Diploma in Childrens Health and Social Care or a willingness to work towards this qualification.
- Driving Licence
- Drivers Business Insurance
*Please be aware the Children's Residential Social Care is considered an essential front line service and therefore will continuously operate throughout the COVID-19 pandemic. Applicants are urged to consider whether they have the resilience, determination and resource to continue to provide care to children during these challenging times.